Thursday, November 20, 2014

20 20 20 20

    Today started unlike any normal day. Normally I would open my eyes to blinding darkness. Not today. Today I opened my eyes to find myself dangling from the fingers of Jenny, the girl I was given to about a week ago (week ago). The wind blew through my paper and gave me the best feeling since the time I was folded into a fan for Miss America. Anyway, I was having the time of my life dancing through the wind.
     All it took was one mistake, one simple mistake that almost cost me my life. The little brat rested her elbow on the button and the window began to go up, trapping me between the interior and exterior of the car. Jenny pressed the button to let the window down but, get this, she did not hold on to me as she did so! I flew out of the window and slammed into the windshield of a car going 25 miles per hour.
     I thought I would be there forever until some kind young man reached out of the passenger side and pulled me off of the window. I was gripped tightly, in a way that made me feel safe. Like, really safe. The kind of safe that I like to call safe-from-Jenny safe.
     "Finder's keepers!" He exclaimed. That, for some reason, made me feel better than ever. Never once did I hear Jenny exclaim anything along those lines. She mumbled a Thank you, Uncle Morgan but nothing more.
     "Come on, dude! What are the odds of a twenty-dollar bill landing on my windshield?" Another person exclaimed. "We should just split this at Taco Bell or something."
     And that is how I got to where I am today, in a cash register with bills of my kind. We all look the same and sound the same, which can get quite annoying, but at least we understand the struggles of being a twenty-dollar bill.


1 comment:

  1. I really love your story! I did not really see anything wrong with your post!

    ReplyDelete